So, I need to tell you about my favorite age to photograph: six months old! Now you’re thinking: you’ve told us this before. I know, but seriously this is the BEST AGE! Let me tell you why:
- They’re personalities are finally starting to come on display. If your little is quiet, shy, silly, or outgoing you will find out around the six month mark.
- They can sit up on their own. Its so nice when babies can fully sit up interact and engage with me while I am creating their portrait.
- But they usually can’t crawl or walk. Once they can crawl they love to explore their environment and do not have time to sit around looking pretty for portraits. But at six months they still stay pretty still when you place them which can mean great images for you!
- They are starting to discover their bodies. They know where their mouth is and also know that fingers and toes can go in there which makes for some cute baby pictures.
- Baby chub is at its higest level. Once they start crawling and walking they will need all the extra fat for energy, but at six months they are still storing it creating the cutest baby rolls.
There you have it: five reasons six months is the best age for baby pictures. If you have a little one approaching that age, contact me so we can start planning your session!